Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drowned Rats, I Mean Cats!

The Maven's apartment has been having flea issues. 
Well, rather her kitty, Darcy and Darcy's roomie, Zeke, have been having flea issues.

Zeke and Darcy are spending the week here as well as Sassy the Chihuahua from across the street. 
(Remember her?  a couple of posts ago?)

Since we have reached kennel status this week, drastic measures needed to
be taken with the two feline guests because monthly flea treatments were not working and
we needed to halt the formation of a pandemic.

It was not a pretty sight:

Darcy, a former shell of herself, and The Maven

Darcy and Zeke, in the aftermath.

I actually swear I could hear the Bostons chuckling outside the bathroom...

Note:  the cats actually tolerated the bath very well.  I've bathed cats before and it is usually a struggle of claws, paws and lots of yowling.  These two uttered not a sound.
But why do I feel itchy?

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Did you bring the rats I mean cats to your house? Do you have fleas now? Sandie

Mr. Connor said...

I hope your efforts have cured the problem. One can only hope this is the end of this adventure !

The Thuglets said...

We heard Sadie and Panda laughing all the way hear! LOL

Hopefully you got all the little blitters!

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Goodness, What good cats Darcy and Zeke are!
I'm sure that Herbert and Arthur would put up a much bigger fuss about such treatment! :)
And they do look pretty adorable in their drowned status, I think.
I'll bet you've managed to get rid of those fleas, and all will be well!
Would fleas affect the Bostons too, or is it just an issue for the cats?
Brenda

Orlando Grandma said...

Wendy looks like a great assist.hope you have good results with the tretment and that the Bostons were not affected.One more experience for you resume. Good luck