Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Done!!!!!

Because I know so many of you (perhaps two) have been on pins and needles about THE chair project, I didn't want to keep you in suspense any longer.

My good, patient, talented, even-tempered friend, CG and I have been slaving away since I last updated you on THE chair.  Actually, she took off for Chicago for a few days and I suspect it was to escape me and my "chair-whininess". 

We had worked on it diligently for about 2-3 days a week for a couple of weeks after my last post about IT.  We ran into some snags such as, after methodically and carefully attaching the seat cover (the first piece of fabric we attached), it ripped!  Horrifying! And probably 2 hours out the window.  CG calmly strode to the cutting table and recut the piece.  Okay, she did say s--- first, but hey, it was our first new piece.  CG, this revelation only humanizes you in the eyes of my readers, so don't worry about a tarnished rep.  I said much worse throughout this odyssey.

Well, our journey was fraught with many a stumbling block.  I will spare you the gory details, but just know that CG and I emerged with our friendship intact.  Not only that, we have vowed that if one of us ever says to the other: "maybe we could do it ourselves", to just slap each other silly. 

So, now I present to you the before and after picture of THE chair:

Before:


After:



After, after:


I know, I know, you warned me CG.  I was writing this post and went in one more time to admire our handiwork and look what I found!!!  And thus the vicious cycle begins again.  I will be getting that scat mat tomorrow and yes, I covered the chair, CG.
Disclaimer:  Although The Boston Lady wrote as if this was a traumatic, prolonged, agonizing process, her readers should know her well enough to realize that she actually had a great time, learned a lot, and REALLY appreciates the friendship she has with CG.  They should also know that she is very, very scared when she thinks about how she will ever repay CG in kind. i.e. what project will CG need The Boston Lady to help her with?  Very scary, indeed.  Thanks CG, you're the best!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. Great job girls.

Orlando Grandma said...

I'm one of the two that was in pins and needdles. It turned out great, and all you learned.

Wendy Weissmueller said...

i love susie

Sammy said...

That is just wow!!!