Saturday, January 26, 2013

Playin' Around With the Cage Again...AKA "Cagescaping"

I've decided to ignore the obvious upcoming decorating opportunity for my cage - Valentines Day.  I don't have a lot of red around here and I like to try to use things I have on hand, so I went to my old loves... the blue Ball jars.




Kept the old wooden church door in there, I think I will always use it because I think it provides a nice backdrop and opportunity to dress it up, not that it needs it.  I like it's simple beauty.



Ah, yes, raided my shelves for smaller Ball jars, mostly blue ones, but a couple of clear too.



Put my mother's bird in there too. 





 It IS a birdcage after all.  She loved birds and I feel good seeing this one peeking out.


Candles to make it all glow at night.



Wine corks for ground cover. And that's it.



Easy this time.

I would like to use live plants some time in a future "cagescape". Yes, I said, "cagescape", if there can be "tablescapes" then there can be "cagescapes".

What kind of plants do you think would do well in my cage?

12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love candles and they really look neat through the bars of the cage! I've seen fairy gardens made in some. But it's nice to keep it simple so that you can change it out when you want. I love it!

Robin Larkspur said...

I was wondering when we would see the cage again. Great idea, and truly looks so pretty at night. I like the word cagescape!
Thank you so much for your kind words and interest on my blog. I love your comments, and I love visiting here with you!!

Chatty Crone said...

Very pretty - love the bell jars as you know. But what plants to put in - I have no idea!

RURAL said...

I love little ferns...they are always so lovely.

Well until I forget to water them.

Your newly created cagescape is very pretty.

Jen

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Cagescape...the perfect term for it! I really love the shape of your cage, so pretty, and I love all the goodies you used! Looks beautiful all lit up!

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

The cagescape looks so pretty, and the bell jars do catch the candlelight nicely, Ann.
It looks like it cteates a cozy ambience in your living room.
Your mother's bird looks good right there.
I like the fern idea, or possibly a nice ivy.
Brenda

Heather said...

So sweet... I'm jealous... gotta find me a cage! Cheers~

Mr. Connor said...

Pretty darn cool ! Plants ~ no idea ~ look outside in yard ?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It looks wonderful. I do love those mason jars and the corks!

Unknown said...

Very clever! I love old cages as well. My castle doors are always open for browsing at my " royal " blog. Tiffany

Claudia said...

I like your cage scape!

I'd suggest something trailing, like ivy or pothos....

xo
Claudia

Mallyf on Occasion said...

I would recommend air plants! They're very versatile, can be thrown anywhere and come in many shapes and sizes. The cage looks good!