Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Week That Was

Also known as The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

The move is complete! 

Meaning we have moved our stuff from one place to another somewhat successfully. 
It does not mean it is unpacked, organized or that I know where everything is.
Today I finally found my razor, so now my legs are smooth and I can go out in public without shame.


The installation of the The Bumby is done.  She arrived this Friday, a bundle of feline nerves, spent the first day and night in a closet, but now is stalking around like she owns the place.  So, yes, things are somewhat normal.

Loaders couldn't load everything into moving truck. Well.... they COULD have, but really they didn't know how to load properly so we were left with this (and several more items) to move on our own the next day.

Even Panda was dejected.

Which in turn threw off my cleaning schedule of the old house.  


Methinks the kittehs have too many mices...


Good thing I was so picky and thorough about cleaning the house.  Mr. Tennis thought I was going a little overboard, but he soon learned why I was being so nit-picky when the owner arrived for "THE inspection".
Two hours folks. She looked at everything for two hours, marking on a sheet and conferring with the dazed and confused real estate agent who kept rolling her eyes at me. It's hard to converse through gritted teeth for two hours, I have found.

We passed! Took our deposit money she refunded right to the bank and got outta dodge!

So, the adventure continues as we settle in and unpack and try to find things.  One thing we found that we are very happy about:  Our big green couch fits in the living room. 

WOOT!!

TBL signing out for now, from California Street in The OC, The New Boston Manor!






17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are there! Two hours is extreme for an inspection! Glad you got your deposit back.
May God richly bless you in your new home.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know your glad that is over with!
So glad your all moved in. Now relax for a few days, you have plenty of time to unpack. Debby

RURAL said...

Ah ha you passed...sounds like she was a real siren.

When I left my little 100 year old apartment in my 20's the "manager" and I use the term lightly spent over a hour going through everything in the tiny 450 square foot space. She couldn't find anything to complain about, but she tried. Your's sounds the same.

Glad that you are safely in your new place.

Jen

RURAL said...

Oh, BTW...George Clooney is in town, and the world around here is all a flutter.

Jen

Angela said...

You are going to be a pro at this moving thing before it's over! lol I for one don't ever want to move from where I am. I don't think I could do it. Glad you are moved in and hope you can gets things unpacked and where you want them real soon!

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Ann,
I'm happy to see you have moved, can now unpack, and make things home. Yes, if Bumby is now at home, that is a positive sign. I love the outdoor path she is prowling.
My gosh, you had a long wait for the owner to go through the house.
I'm sorry Panda was feeling a little dejected and hope she is now feeling much better. :)
Brenda

Unknown said...

So glad to see you are back "on the air" that means things are getting back to normal. As soon as you find a place for the familiar things, the critters and both of you will feel at home. Happy landings.

Geraldine said...

That looks like a whole lotta mice in that dust bin. Mr. Cheddar would love that.

Relax and enjoy your new home, it's so good to have the worst of it behind. I've moved too many times over the years. It's such a big venture, even if it's only a short move.

Happy Week, G

PS: Stopping by via Jen's place! I like your avatar image. :<)

Kit said...

Yay! Enjoy the new place. I hope you get to stay there a while. Don't try and get everything done all at once and take lots of pics. Kit

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oooo! the inspection.
Nerve racking I'm sure. Glad you did your "home work"
Glad to see everything and every BODY-- were moved safely.
No Bumby and Panda left behind...can't be having that.

--Pat

centerofgravity said...

Glad to hear that you have found your razor. I would hate to think of The Boston Lady going Bohemian on us. Lol. Did you ever find your brush and comb? Moving is such a chore and I know that just because you have pared down things since you lived in Florida that it doesn't get any easier. Now breathe for a bit before you start going on a big tackle the stuff binge.
CG

centerofgravity said...

Glad to hear that you have found your razor. I would hate to think of The Boston Lady going Bohemian on us. Lol. Did you ever find your brush and comb? Moving is such a chore and I know that just because you have pared down things since you lived in Florida that it doesn't get any easier. Now breathe for a bit before you start going on a big tackle the stuff binge.
CG

Claudia said...

Congratulations! You're in! The owner of your other place was a bit over the top, wasn't she??

xo
Claudia

the cape on the corner said...

I think our cats have similar piles of mice. I hate all that, but they love it, so I can't put any away. so are you planning on staying put at this place for a while??

Mr. Connor said...

Looks like everyone is getting settled. The four legged folks are now RESTING ! Now what about the glasses from the Florida move ~ were they ever found ? Glove inspection lady is going to get a visit someday from a real picky person ~ what a pain !

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad the move is complete! I know you're ready to get on with living! What a summer you've had! Glad you finally shaved your legs! I was beginning to be embarrassed to be seen in public with you! hahahaha! Sweet hugs!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Ah the adventures of moving! Glad to hear your legs are presentable in public now! Congrats on your new home!