Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Better Half!

In addition to November 11 being Veteran's Day it is also the day Mr. Tennnis was born!


That's him on the right blowing out his birthday candles when he was three.  His brother, Tony is on the left and in the middle is the ever fashionable and chic, Orlando Grandma!

As if he wasn't cute enough as a little boy, his charm and irresistable personality had me hooked early on.  I mean is there any doubt in your mind why I wouldn't find this man a great catch:


Or was it his athletic prowess?  I mean, not everyone can do THAT!


The best thing about him besides his handsome looks and athletic ability is his good nature, sense of humor, intelligence (hey he was smart enough to marry me, right?), honesty, patience, generosity... Well, I could go on and on.  He would be the first to humbly dismiss all those compliments, but those who know him best know he is the real deal.  He always says he's the lucky one, but I've known forever, that I'm the lucky one to have landed him.


A lot has changed in the 33 years we've known each other.  We look quite different and we have a ton more life experience, but really, we are still those two crazy college students who still can make each other laugh (and know what pushes each other's buttons too - we're not perfect!) and like to enjoy new adventures together.



Happy Birthday to the best man I know, Mr. Tennis!  And thanks Orlando Grandma for producing such a wonderful man.

Anyone feeling nostalgic can visit my much more "wordy" birthday tribute to Mr. T  from last year, click here. I was new to blogging at that time last year, and man could I rattle on!  But I had such great subject matter, so, what the heck!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Mr Tennis(basketball)! I hope you are listenting to this lady, she is right about you. You both are lucky so stop fighting about it(your not perfect).
Enjoy your day!

Mr. Connor said...

Very nice and a Happy Birthday to you ! It shall be a GREAT day !

Claudia said...

What a lovely tribute to your husband! He has a great smile -an infectious one at that.

Happy Birthday to your husband!

xo
Claudia

Orlando Grandma said...

Today is a very special day for us, it is Mr. Tennis birthday and we honor the memory of his father, our hero Lt. Col.Courtney E Weissmueller, USAF. who made the up most sacrifice for his country in the Viet Nam War.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh Mr. Tennis have a perfectly wonderful day!

The eagles have landed in Florida.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Happy birthday to MR Tennis...great post!

Sammy said...

I know I am so late, but yes! Happy Birthday to Mr. Tennis! IT is funny because I read this...all the great things you said about him could easily be applied to the writer too :]