Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Even in January I Can Find Lovely Daisies

It's been pretty cold here in Orlando over the last six weeks or so and that's just how I like it!  However, a lot of our lovely vegetation and flowers get brown or die off in the frost and I begin to miss seeing some bright blooms and greenery.

Imagine my delight when I went to our local, reliable thrift store last week and made a double score.  As I came upon the item up on a shelf, I thought it was lovely, but didn't know exactly what it was.  But it was handpainted and so pretty that I decided to get it nevertheless.


And it was only $2.00.


I think it's unique, the paint job is well done and it perks me up during the less colorful months here in Florida. 


Today I was out with some friends and found a similar item and I asked them "what is this for do you think?"  They replied it was used to store a cheese wheel.  And of course I could see that right away after they said that.  Turned it over and the price was $45.00!  Now maybe mine wasn't an old one, but it looks old.  Or maybe because it was altered with it's dainty paint job that it brought down the price.  Doesn't matter to me, I like it!

What do YOU think?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you did good! I did not see this at "the store".
Had fun today! Even though I caught you guys trying to leave without me at Goodwill!

Chatty Crone said...

I think it is great - absolutely lovely.

I am your newest follower.

Sandie

Unknown said...

Cold in Orlando? Are you freaking kidding me? Mom came home with sunburns from there, I do not beleive for one second that it is cold there. Maybe you should come visit me it is pawsitively cold here.

Anonymous said...

We think you did great.. You don't find that sort of stuff at a thrift store often.

Mr. Connor said...

Looks real good to me. Adds lots of color. What are you going to put in it ? Ms. Darcy will want to explore on her next visit !

Decor To Adore said...

Storage and daisies? Sold!

Orlando Grandma said...

Great find, love it . Daisies in this very cold days warms your heart.

Michael Wurm Jr said...

lovely!!

it's so nice to see something cheery in january!