Thursday, January 5, 2012

Roof Done. Going to California.

Just in the nick of time the roofers put down their nail guns and declared it a done job.


Pictures don't do it justice, but it looks great and all the rotted wood has been replaced.

Good thing they finished because we are headed for a 12 day vacation to California!  It's our first time visiting this time of year and we are excited to see what this beautiful state is like in the winter time.

I will be bringing my trusty computer because I want to share some pictures of our adventures with friends and family.  Especially the two lovely places we will be renting.

First is a 1920s bungalow in Los Angeles for a week.

Then a unique home in the desert near Joshua Tree State Park.

The Writer, Sammy, The Maven, Mr. Tennis and I (and Stanley the greyhound) will have some new adventures and I may even meet up with a fellow blogger in SoCal at her place of business.

Don't know when I will be back online, but next time I am I will be on Pacific Coast Time.

(Still scared to fly...)

11 comments:

The Country Mouse said...

We will miss you but know you'll have a great time, and a much-deserved break! Just keep your eyes on the Kindle and the plane trip will be over in no time. See you when you're back in Fl!!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Lucky! Have fun:)

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

so glad your roof is finished.
and...LUCKY! getting to travel to hopefully a nice climate and the best part...family time!
Fun! Fun! Fun!
(no advice on flying...I'm scared too.)
See you later! Pat

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Ann,
The roof looks really good, and you'll love the security of no leaks.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday - these two houses sound so interesting, and how lovely to spend time with a greyhound (and of course your family).

Greyhounds are beautiful dogs, I've known a few, and love them. Was their greyhound rescued?

I'm looking forward to reading your posts to come from California!

Having an interesting book to read sounds good for the trip!
Hugs to you, Ann,
Brenda

Sue said...

Hoping you have a chance to come by for a visit! My oldest daughter loves Joshua Tree. I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Take care, Sue

Kit said...

Have a wonderful time! I am thinking I would love to travel there come February. Enjoy! Kit

Unknown said...

Hi Ann, hope you have a great trip! Blair and I awarded you the Liebster Award on her blog!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Always so great to have a new roof! Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip! Safe travels! XO

The Thuglets said...

So pleased the roof is finished.

Have a fabulous vacation. We look forward to lots of piccies!

Big Nose POkes
The Thugletsx

Chatty Crone said...

You have had a busy last six months and now more. You will be okay flying. Have fun. Who are you meeting? Love, sandie

Mr. Connor said...

New roof done ~ great ~ rain to try it out AFTER you get home, right ! Sure it will be okay. Flying ~ you ~ afraid ~ you would go all over in a little plane many years ago ! Have a GREAT TIME ~ looking forward to the post & stories !