Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Random Thoughts Before Florida Weather Returns...

What a week (so far) of beautiful weather we have experienced.  Lows in the 50s, highs in the 70s, low humidity.  I actually had to put on a light sweater the last couple of nights.

Of course, I flung open the windows.....




....Bumby loves to sit and take in the breeze.



Sadie and her tongue took in the sun this morning to warm up.



I spotted the dove who comes by the bird bath every morning and evening and managed a quick, yet blurry,  picture.  Actually, I'm sitting outside as I put this post together and she alighted on the bath right to my left. No camera at hand!



Then it occurred to me....the egg.  
When she flew off she went into the tree above the ground where I found said egg.  It must have been a dove egg, not a cardinal.


She's watching me closely here from the wires.  Probably wondering if I will make good on my promise to keep that birdbath full.  I will Momma!



Bumby joined the Bostons in the backyard a bit this afternoon while they took in more sun.



And Panda did her "dead possum" act.



And Mr. Tennis got hopeful news at the doc today!  Another colonoscopy and a camera pill to double check for source of anemic state and he will know in which direction to head. This time next week we should know more.

Thanks to everyone for all your good thoughts and prayers.
  Right back at you as I know we ALL have "stuff" to deal with.  

May the week continue on in this positive fashion!

6 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Camera pill you say?
I've heard of that...hope you continue to receive good news from the Dr.'s ... we're waiting for some results too.

Interesting about the dove...their eggs are that small? I haven't a clue--but from the photo, it seemed small to me.

--Pat

Olive said...

I so love doves. We have a lot of them and I finally captured two with the camera a few posts back. The cat and Bostons are too sweet sunning. I shall pray for your hubs.

Chatty Crone said...

Good that your husband will be all checked out and will know what is going on.

I liked the possum picture - he plays dead really well!

We were about 10 degrees cooler than you.

Looks like all the pets had a great time.

Love, sandie

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Ann,
Sounds like a wonderful day for everyone in your household!
It's nice to see the pets enjoying the cooler temperature and sun!
Those Bostons know how to chill out!

It's good to hear Mr. T. will soon learn how his condition has come along!

I love the pictures of the dove - and we have a power line just outside my kitchen window with a dove that perches there regularly - they seem to like this resting place.

All the very best to you, and your family!
Brenda

Mr. Connor said...

Good news , cool days , pleasant thoughts and good times just keep them rolling along !

The Thuglets said...

We have all our paws crossed for good news for Mr T!
Lovely to see Sadie & Panda about. We are suffering horrendous rain at the moment! lol
Have a good weekend
Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx