Monday, March 14, 2011

Note on the Refrigerator



I thought I'd share this funny forward I received via email last week.  I've added some pictures, some mine, some not.


Dear Dogs and Cats:




The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.





Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.




The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object.





Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.




I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however.




Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.


For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered.



Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.



Love,

Your Momma, humble servant.


And, just because it's funny...







                                          Hoping to link to Angela's Tuesday Show and Tail!                        


P.S. I have made a new friend in blogland!  She stopped by my blog about a week ago and read my post, It's More Than a Ring.  Shanae has a wonderful blog, Triumph and Tears,    that focuses on the positive, triumphant forces in life and asked if she could feature my post about Mr. Tennis and my ring.  Please stop by and read some inspiring stories!  Thanks Shanae!      

14 comments:

Shanae Branham said...

What a fun post. I enjoyed the pictures and laughed at the comments that went with them. Thank you for sharing. I hope you get feeling better. Sorry to hear you had to have surgery. I am glad you approve of the post. My daughter doesn't have much of a choice. I'm afraid I have a hard time letting any of my children wallow in misery. In a way, I think I might be a hard person to live with...you know...too positive. Sometimes either extreme can be just as bad, but I guess you didn't need to hear that. I am rambling now so I better go. God bless you.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Funny post~ I love all the pics! My dogs sit outside the bathroom door, too! Hope you are feeling better!

Mr. Connor said...

Well~ I see they have you farily well trained. They are still trying to improve your hosehold skills. Ms. Darcy ~ I see is still confused about which set of dishes she should be eating from. Since THEY are dependent on you for care etc ~ what about claiming them on your income tax.

Unknown said...

BOL what do you mean that we can't share the bed, the plates, the bathroom and all that other fun things that you like to call yours? Everything is ours did you forget?

Chatty Crone said...

Lol - what a funny post. And tell me - why do they follow us all the time?

sandie

sandy said...

Cute cute photos. I enjoyed this.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

The part about the secret exit from the bathroom totally cracked me up. Only in my case it's my kids trying to break in...

nanniepannie said...

I am such a big Simon's Cat fan, I hadn't seen that one yet...thanks for the laugh. Loved your pixs too.

Kit said...

Oh my! That video had me rolling on the floor. Love it and sent it to all my cat lovers. Love all th photos too. Especially the ones with the dogs on the steps. Priceless! Kit

jp@A Green Ridge said...

These pictures are GREAT! You've captured those in charge really, really well!...:)JP

Angela said...

What a great post! I loved it! It's so accurate of how it is living with our fur babies! Great pictures!

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela

Annesphamily said...

This was such a fun post! Thanks for sharing with us. I love those doggies hogging the stairs! HeeHee! They can run faster than we fall I know. I fell once and all of them surrounded me until my Sweets came to help me up! That my friend is true devotion!

Northern Belle said...

Hilarous! Love your shots!

Darby & Sheri said...

This is my first time to your blog and I cracked-up reading the letter to your pets. I too have a Boston who is quite a character and leaves me shaking my head all the time. I just blogged about my early morning wake-up calls with him. Great blog! Thanks for sharing.