Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Peaceful Spot in a Busy State

I had thought I would share some pictures from the Newport Beach/Laguna Beach, CA area from our visit there a couple of years ago, but realized we didn't have a lot of pictures of those two particular spots. Probably because we found a place between the two that appealed to us more.


Crystal Cove State Park.  We discovered it on our drive between Newport and Laguna and stopped by to see what it had to offer.







At high tide it looks like just another stretch of beach along the PCH, but the guide book and posted signs suggested that the time to enjoy this park was at low tide.



So, we made a return trip later in the day and it was definitely worth that return when the rocks were exposed and the tidal pools formed.




Mr. Tennis deserves photo credits as this was BTBL (Before The Boston Lady).











We will definitely go back one day!

And here's a little peek at the pretty cliffhouses that line the hidden beaches in Laguna:


I believe this is the "Thousand Steps Beach" which means a lot of steps to tackle both up and down!


Joining Laura over at  Decor to Adore  for Wayfaring Wednesdays.  Thanks Laura!









11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Did you climb all those steps? beautiful area. And is this where you think you'll move someday?

Sarah said...

The CA coastline is a beautiful spot. I've not been to this area, just the area around Carmel and further north. Haven't been back in many years and long to go again. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Terri said...

I love Crystal Cove! We used to live in Huntington Beach. When our children were little we would drive down to C.C. and have a lovely day of it. Your pictures do it justice!
Hugs,
Terri

Kit said...

Oooo, your post reminds me of last summer when I took my youngest to Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach. What a lovely area. Kit

Janie Fox said...

Beautiful. I want to visit CA one day.

Sue said...

When I was a lot younger, I use to go down to Laguna Beach a lot! It is really pretty down there, as are its beaches! As we call it, those are the "fancy beaches with the fancy people"! It is beautiful to visit. I'm just as happy with my little Old Towne Seal Beach. Something special about the small towne feeling!

Take care, Sue

Unknown said...

Wow! I have only been to the northern coast of California and it just was amazing. Beautiful pictures Mr. Tennis(i think it should be mr basketball)

Mr. Connor said...

Looks great ~ wonderful place to visit it seems.

Decor To Adore said...

My Metis partner lives right near here. (Lucky gal huh?)

Thank you so much for linking up!

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Ann,
This looks like such an incredible park, and beach to explore. Mr. Tennis did get some great pictures of the tidal pools, and the landscape.
Thanks so much for sharing these, it was interesting to see. I quite enjoyed these pictures.

I have noticed the book you are reading, and as I enjoy mystery and detective fiction, I'll have to make sure and pick one up at the library very soon. They sound good!

Wishing you a lovely weekend coming up!
Brenda

Mr. Tennis said...

That was a fun trip to a beautiful area.