Sunday, October 30, 2011

You Can Call Me Sandy From Now On...

This upcoming Saturday is the Flea Market at Art Angels in Orlando, go over to  Suebee and the Butterflies          for details because she will be there with her spectacular booth (along with Kathy aka Southern Charm).  



I had a lot of things left over from the wedding decorations as well as things that have accumulated around Boston Manor over the years.  My friend, CG, said she would like to share a booth with me, so we are in!

I've been working on some painted projects.  You may remember this little secretary desk.



I painted it and it looked a little too perfect, 



so I took a page from Suebee and Kathy's book and fired up my sander and gave this sweet little desk an aged look.



Thank goodness for the electric sander because my fingers would have been down to nubs without it.  Still have  to finish it off with wax, so my fingers have some work ahead of them yet.



Also painted and distressed my little thrift shop stool and covered the seat with some of that found burlap.  I actually distressed the stool a little more after this picture was taken. It  looks quite nice along with the desk.  Maybe they will go together to a new home.

My dining room table is covered with, well, everything for the sale too.

If you look closely at the mirror you will see I still haven't erased the writing from the wedding reception.  I'm in denial the fun is over!

An old traincase, 1940s thermos, glassware.... of course, another white frame.  Lots of those still.  Want some?  Stop by next Saturday!


And I have these pretty green-bottomed glasses along with a 1960s relish tray.



Old dictionaries... suitcase in the background.


An old type-setter's drawer...

Chair behind it for sale as well.

My table top swivel mirror turned chalkboard...

I won't be too broken up if this doesn't sell - I want it!  But if you do too, I will step away...


Lots more on top of the refrigerator!


Just a little peek.
CG and I have our work cut out for us this week.  Pricing, hauling the stuff, setting up, staging and PLEASE! ...selling some!

Wish us luck and stay tuned...




14 comments:

Sue said...

Great stuff! I love your idea for the chalkboard. I hope you do great at your sale!

Take care, Sue

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You have gathered some wonderful goodies...the furniture looks great! The blackboard is SO fun...love it! Good luck on the sale...wish I was there!

Esta de moda said...

I love it!!!!!
Congratulations!!!
If you want follow me:
http://estade-moda.blogspot.com/
Kisses,Olgianna

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Ann,
Whew!!You have been busy!!
Good luck with the sale on Saturday!
Everything looks wonderful!!
I like your work on the desk and stool.

And the typesetter's box is interesting!
Brenda

Razmataz said...

What a load of great stuff....I hope you do really well at the sale.

shohshi said...

Wow! What treasures you have. Your desk and stool turned out very nicely. Thanks for the lovely comment.
hugs ~ jennifer

Angela said...

Oh I'm sure you will makes some sales from all of the different neat things you have to offer! If not and if you don't want to bring it back home just mark it down until it does sell! lol

Janie Fox said...

you will clean up. wished you were closer. i love good sale!

Olive said...

I could not sell the blackboard Ann.

Mr. Connor said...

Wow ~ you have been busy ! This will be lots of fun ! Be exciting to see how it all turns out.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you have a great many treasures there - I am positive you will have a great turn out and sale.

You will have to let us know.

Love,
sandie

wish I could come.

Annesphamily said...

I wish you well! I am trying to sell off some of my Princess House so we can travel to Mesa Az on Nov 17th to watch Nick run in the Nike Invite. It is tough here with the snow and cold settling in! Boo hoo! :(
You have lots of cool things to sell. I hope you do really well and have fun too!

Kathy said...

OMG....love,love,love the desk & stool (& all the other wonderful goodies.) You've done a great job Ann! So glad you're doing the Flea Market, we're gonna have so much fun!

Connie in Hartwood said...

You have a really good eye, and I'm sure your customers will see this and smap your stuff right up!