Friday, April 30, 2010

Chairs, Trees and Vines

I found myself thinking about my new dining room chairs and how I am going to give them a new life when I get back home.  We ate breakfast at a streetside restaurant called The News Cafe and it was the nicest setting.  I instantly loved the chairs that were at each table.  So simple, yet comfortable.


We so enjoyed our breakfast and coffee under the sea grape trees in this lovely cafe.



We have driven down this avenue so many times while staying here and I couldn't get a picture that did it justice until today.  To me it looks more like a scene from a northern boulevard, not a lush, southern tropical one like here in South Beach.


I haven't been able to find out what kind of trees they are, but they have the roughest bark I have seen.  I'm assuming they are very tolerant to the heat and salt air because they grow so large.





Whenever I visit somewhere new I try to visualize what it would be like to live there and pick a place I could imagine myself living in. And I've found my favorite house in the area in which we are staying.  I love how it is engulfed in vines. It seems to be an upstairs and downstairs apartment arrangement and I would love to see the garden I'm sure is hidden behind.  I've been wondering how my new plants have been doing while I've been away.  And I've been missing having a yard to look out on and for the Bostons to play in and the cats to lounge about like cats do.


Even a bustling, exciting, glamorous place like SoBe has it's tranquil spots and it's been nice to find them and catch our breath.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a nice area! Those trees are something, I'm sure my hubby knows where that is. I love the vine all over the house. I have thought about that but I always wondered about the vine dieing. Then what?
Start folding yourself up to be packed!

Mr. Tennis said...

Life is good in SoBe!

Decor To Adore said...

So glad you are enjoying your time together.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Your pictures of SoBe have been great...love seeing it through your eyes...we don't travel much. (I'd like to, but Honey is a Homebody!)
The trees are interesting, they've been maintained /pruned nicely. If you could get a leaf off of one, that would be helpful too.
The vine covered apartment-- ideal!

Sue said...

I LOVE those trees! That was an awesome photo. And "thank you" for the nice comment on my blog today, its appreciated.
Take care, Sue