Friday, October 8, 2010

Is It Wrong to Be Ashamed of Your Junk Drawer?

I admit it, I am ashamed of it and my Junk Drawer knows it.

 I thought when Chania threw down this week's photo challenge at RAZMATAZ, it would be a piece of cake.   And it was as far as taking the picture. 

 My Junk Drawer is obviously a neglected part of my life and I have just taken it for granted. Now it mocks me because it knows it exposes me as a less organized person than I would like to be perceived as.

I mean from a distance, my Junk Drawer seems harmless:



But when I got closer and prepared to open my Junk Drawer, I know it sensed my fear and shame. I know it was finally going to have it's say and expose my secrets.


And so I opened it for the world to see:


Oh, the horror, the horror.

I know Martha probably doesn't even have a junk drawer.

11 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

I'm intrigued by the 'Glad' biscuits - if that's what they are! BTW - Are you putting adverts of Orvis Tweed Caps on your blog to wind me up???

Kit said...

LOL!! Loved the way your "approached" the topic. Kit

Jessica @ Simply A Farmer's Wife said...

LOL... I clean our junk drawer out at least once a month. I thought about getting rid of it altogether so we'd have more drawer space but I'm not sure I can give it up just yet. You've inspired me to go clean mine out again!!

oldgreymare said...

Martha does NOT have a junk drawer, but at times she wears the most God awful shoes.....

choose the junk drawer.....

z

Molly said...

You make me feel so much better!

Razmataz said...

I think it's pretty tidy compared to many I have seen.

Martha has a team to take care of her drawers remember.

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

....hahahaha....I bet Martha DOES have a junk drawer AND I bet there's bits of fluff, dirt & 'sticky things' in there....hahahahahaSNORT....!!

THANK YOU so much for your note re Chania's last challenge....It was LOVELY of you to visit....!

So....Has your brother introduced you to vegemite....I'd be HAPPY to send some along....mwhahahahahaha....!!

Hope you're having an AWESOME weekend....!!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

Mr. Connor said...

What happens if you have more than one junk drawer ? Guess I need to get a lot closer to a garbage can.

Unknown said...

You have a lot of glue :]

Dexter said...

Hehehe. At least there were no feminine products in there. Ha! Momma has a junk drawer at work with those things in it and every now and then she forgets and opens it when she is looking for something for one of her uber geek coworkers and they get all embarassed.

Slobbers,
mango

Orlando Grandma said...

A word of wisdom due to old age.
EVERYONE HAS A JUNK DRAWER.or like Mr Connor said, more than one
No every one is brave enough to show it to the public. Good for you,I do think Martha has a secret one too.